iPhone App Design with creative Developers
Since the launch of Apple’s App Store in 2008, more than 2.2 million iOS applications have become available to iPhones and iPads users, and hundreds more innovative iPhone apps appear every day. While iPhone apps are becoming more and more widespread, many people who are not experienced in programming want to create their own applications. The good news is you do not require any extraordinary skills to create an iPhone app, you just have to know what steps to take and what instruments to
Define the Purpose
The first step you have to take when designing a new product or starting a company is setting defining goals. It is very helpful to have a clear image of what you want to
Whether you are an individual enthusiast like Jack, a company executive or a professional developer wishing to design iPhone apps for in-house use, setting the goal of your project will ensure the success of the whole process. What does a project goal look like?
- Develop an app that does not require constant support and maintenance;
- Develop an iPhone app that promotes my business and grows the client base;
- Design a solution that will lie in the foundation of my startup company;
- Develop a program just for the pure pleasure of it without any financial goals.
What Results Do You Expect to Achieve?
The question that is on the mind of most people who wish to create their own app for iPhone or iPad is, “ How much money can I make with it?” This may upset you, but there is no answer to this question. Each iPhone application has its factors that impact the return on investment:
- How much it costs to design the app;
- The people behind promotion and marketing.
Who Needs Mobile Apps?
These factors are essential for the success of your future app. Therefore, pay attention to these things when planning the development process and take a note of the fact that all kinds of people create profitable applications every day:
- Idea people without experience in internet technologies like Andreas Illiger and his “Tiny Wings” app;
- Independent designers like Vlambeer and Tribute Games;
- Educational industry like Duolingo;
- Authors like Sarah Young and her Jesus Calling Devotional app;
- Entertainment companies of middle size like Electronic Arts;
- Large entertainment and sports companies like HBO and MLB.
Needless to say, revenue predictions for each project may differ a lot, but here is an example for you to get a general idea:
- The Big Bang software will generate a profit of 30% in the first 120 days after release, based on the results shown by The Small Bang app, which is targeted at a similar audience and has a similar functionality.
Where to Start?
A couple of years ago you could release an application without planning too much and get directly to the top of mobile stores, but today the situation has drastically changed. The competition in the mobile industry is extremely large with only 1% of all publishers generating 94% of profits in the Apple’s App Store, according to statistics. This means that before you start, you have to investigate the competitors and
Validate Your Idea
It may be hard to evaluate something that you are not very experienced in. For instance, someone who has had an excellent idea of a new design for a wheelchair will hardly be qualified enough to tell if the idea is viable. That is the problem they will have to find a solution to. They will look for someone knowledgeable in the design of products for invalids. Only the experts in this area will be able to evaluate the idea and probably supply you with the recommendation on how to improve it.
Here are some people qualified enough to give you their expert advice on your idea:
- iOS app marketers and business analysts. These are the perfect people to validate your idea because they have a solid background in launching apps of all kind to the market and know how they performed.
- iOS application developers. Most developers will not charge you if you approach them with a request to evaluate your idea. They will give you a professional advice and tell you about the weaknesses and strengths of your project.
- Individual digital entrepreneurs. You may know someone who has developed their app. Get in touch with them and discuss your ideas to receive valuable feedback.
Why Is Validation Important?
If you find an expert who can help you validate your idea, you will find out:
- Whether the app will have a heavy competition on the mobile market;
- Which software design methodology to use to build it;
- Whether the program has any technical issues;
- How you can
optimiseand improve the idea to increase its chances for success;
- Whether the app will be in demand among smartphone owners;
- Whether your estimated investments into the project will pay off in the long run;
- Whether your customers could give you the feedback on the idea.
This is the most important information to try and gather to estimate the validity of your idea. Once you have made conclusions, you can proceed to the further stages of the design process with a confidence that your idea is viable.
Estimate the Idea on Your Own
If you have no way of enlisting the help of an expert in mobile technologies, then you will have to validate your idea on your own, asking yourself these questions:
- Does your product serve a unique purpose? People use smartphones and tablets to complete different tasks on the go. Apps that are successful usually solve issues that other applications cannot address.
- Does your app have a niche? Find a unique niche that has a large following (fitness fans, for instance), and build an iPhone app that fits into this niche.
- Is it engaging? This is one of the easiest questions. Why do you want your software to be engaging? Because people share it a lot.
- Are you reinventing a wheel? Investigate the market for apps with as
miliar ficntionality.How can you make them better? There are chances that some other iPhone app developers have already thought about it, so try to be the first to release your enhanced wheel.
- Is there a lot of interaction within the app? Most people are quickly bored when they have to deal with one task for a long period. That is why successful iPhone apps and games do not let users get bored, catching their interest by offering many engaging interactions.
Proceeding to Design
Once you have a clear vision of your future app, it is time to move to development, which is one of the most exciting ventures because you can see how your idea is becoming a reality. One of the most important decisions you have to make at this stage is choosing the team that will navigate you through the iPhone app design process and bring their valuable professional input into your idea. You have to make a thorough research of different design companies that offer their design services and choose the one that fits best. Our software design firm will be glad if you will single us out among hundreds of other digital agencies.
iPhone App Design with Professional Developers
At our iPhone app design company, we believe that successful projects are based on trust, respect and communication between the developer and the client aimed at building a long-term partnership. Get in touch with our experts if you want them to help you evaluate your idea and proceed to design and implementation, because we will happily guide you through the entire process. As a result, you will receive a top-notch iPhone application that will appeal to your customers and become a steady source of income for your business.