Just how popular are applications for
As of summer 2016, more than 130
billion apps were downloaded from the App Store
- The App Store for iOS devices has over 8,8% educational app users, it’s in third place, after
games and business apps.
- Potential learners (anyone with a smartphone) measure nine of ten people globally.
With all this progress being made in
this field, it has filled it with competition. With each passing day, more ideas are being implemented,
market share shrinks and entry becomes more difficult, which is why it’s so important that if you have
an idea, get started right away and stay ahead of others. Magora is fully prepared to bring projects
from the early stages of idea growth and discussion to fully functional, monetised applications and
Why Are Educational Apps Such a Thriving
- Accessibility. Smartphones grant us access to information and people with the press of a
button 24/7, from any location. With a properly developed app, this is even possible offline.
All of that power is portable, too, which translates into learning that can carry from the
classroom to beyond.
- Different Types of Learning. Students learn in different ways, and educational apps can
offer targeted learning for those who prefer to see, hear or do, which means a more personalised
approach and greater learning outcomes, unrestricted by classroom and scheduling restraints.
- Organisation. Lessons can be hectic. Students and even teachers may miss something during
a class, but with well-planned applications, all material and information is hardwired in,
meaning students have high expectation for what and how they will learn, a type of reliability
that fosters education.
- Fun. Many people overlook this aspect, but learning through an application can be
gamified, as many leading educational apps have been, which means user experience is high and
there is a motivation to continue, even through the most difficult information.
- Go Green. One of the great benefits of digital education is its reduction in paper, so
learning through an app is great for the mind and the environment.
If you have an idea and are interested
in discussing it with a team of app developers with a passion for learning, Magora is here. We pride
ourselves on our ability to rapidly produce high-quality products, and we can quickly built you a
functional prototype that blends your ideas with our deep understanding of educational issues, the app
market and our technical expertise. In a dynamic environment with fierce competition, such as the App
Store and Google Play, Magora assists their clients to succeed through additional support, such as
monetisation strategies and upgrades to stay at the cutting edge.
Learning apps, school and university
administration networks, bespoke software for education: wherever your interests lie, Magora is fully
equipped and ready to work with you. Contact us with details about your idea and we will send you a
tailored presentation of past projects and an overview of how our developers envision the fully-realised
version of your app.