iTunes is a media player for organizing and playing music and movies, developed by Apple and distributed free of charge for MacOS and Windows platforms.
One of the interesting features of the player is the function Genius, which analyzes the user's library and offers songs and movies in the iTunes Store, based on his or her preferences.
iTunes is compatible with all existing iPod, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV models as well as with Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7 or later. The player can be used for streaming media (including HDTV format) and creating a home collection, including both audio and video files, and photos.
The first version of iTunes was developed by Apple in 2001. The iTunes program can be installed on computers and laptops with Windows or Mac OS installed.
iTunes for iOS is a standard app and comes with the operating system of any iPhone, iPad or iPod touch, it is not installed separately on iOS, and is updated automatically, with the iOS firmware update.
Some difficulties could appear for Windows users - the general recommendation to avoid any problems is to upgrade your Windows system to the latest available version.
- Multimedia library navigation, search lettering, presentation of data in the form of a list of songs or albums, grids, Cover Flow.
- Organization of a media library (multimedia library), creation of playlists, smart playlists, folders.
- Genius - an iTunes Store service that creates playlists and mixes from matching songs and gives recommendations based on songs in the iTunes library.
- Songs’ metadata editing, such as "author", "composer", "cover", etc.
- Recording and importing tracks from CDs.
- Playing music, movies, podcasts, multi-band equalizer, visualizer, mini-player mode.
- Internet radio.
- Buying tracks in a branded online store - App Store.
- Sync with iPod, iPhone, iPad and Apple TV.
- Sharing - allows you to open access to your library and listen to music from other music libraries on your local network
Custom audio and video files, as well as apps and books, are stored in the iTunes folder, the location of which can be assigned in the program settings.
Follow this simple step-by-step instruction to download the iOS app:
- Enter your password or use the Touch ID or Face ID to verify your identity.
- Check the model of your device, make sure, it suits for the chosen app.
- From the home screen, tap App Store.
- To install the app, you should sign in using your Apple ID or create one.
- To browse the Store, click Apps (at the bottom).
- Scroll down and tap desired category (for example, Top Categories).
- To search for an app by name, click Search (at the bottom), and then type the name of the application.
- Tap the app.
- Tap Get, then Install.
- If the app is paid, tap on the price (for example, $ 1.99) and then "Buy."
- If your iPhone has FaceID enabled, double-click the Side button and look at the screen for authentication.
- If prompted, sign in to the iTunes to complete the installation.
All native mobile applications for Apple devices could be downloaded via iTunes.