5 Smart Ways to Refine Your Lead Generation Strategy
This thorny issue of lead generation...To make the job a bit easier for you, we’ve put together this list of the best lead generation practices to assist you in identifying the most efficient channels for leads.
Would you rather pay for 1000 visitors or 20 visitors, given that only 5 of them turn into conversions? The answer is obvious - you want to pay for quality, not quantity. Sales are the focal point of all lead generation activities and the reason you should strive for quality traffic. Affiliate programs are a great source of quality leads as they bring in customers who have already demonstrated an interest in your partner’s products or who came on the recommendation of someone they trust. Establishing a partnership may take time, but once it is up and running, it can drive leads over a long period.
Track Visitors to Your Site
Lead generation platforms can feed you leads while you sleep. Such instruments use your Google Analytics account to track all visitors to your site and instantly identify their
contact details including:
- Their name
- Search behaviour
- Financial data
To ensure that you receive only relevant leads, not accidental passers-by, you can use filters provided by these platforms that can be configured according to your business needs. Another advantage is that you will be notified about every potential customer instantly, which gives you a great chance to contact the lead with perfect timing. A couple of good examples of lead generation platforms are Leadfeeder and Lead Forensics.
Make Your Homepage Irresistible
- Help your customers do what you want them to do. Use all available means to grab their contact details and personal info - contact forms, live chats, pop-ups, catchy buttons, subscriptions, etc. Here’s a great example: create an entertaining quiz and ask visitors to leave their email address to receive their results. Interactive content increases engagement and boosts likes and shares across social media.
- Speak your customers’ language:
- Use verbs that attract attention and create a sense of urgency - “grab”, “boost”, “skyrocket”. Inspire your visitors to act.
- Highlight the benefits of your products and services. Your customers don’t want to read about you, they want to read about what they can get from you. How do your products make the world around them better? What value do they bring? Always put the customer first.
- Grab attention with images and video. The human brain processes pictures 60,000 times faster than texts. However, this doesn’t mean that you should hurl all your efforts at visual content - always put the copy first and use images and animation to
emphasi s eyour message.
- Use A/B testing. Concentrate on overall user experience first and then move on to smaller details like the
colourof buttons and headline size. Optimise Your Website for Search Engines
SEO remains an essential lead generation strategy because most consumer journeys begin with search engines. If you want to bring your business to the top of SERP fast, you need to identify highly relevant and popular keywords that are least used by your competitors. Target these search phrases first, and then proceed to more obvious keywords. Paid search is another way to get high-ranking positions on Google, but don’t rely on it entirely; keep in mind that organic search brings traffic of a higher quality.
Advertise on Social Media
Here are just some of the benefits of social ads:
- Social media is a great channel for growing your audience, improving engagement and gaining visibility.
- PPC ads help your website show higher up in search engine results by generating quality traffic.
- Social ads can channel the audience to your landing page where the user may give you a lead or may leave in a few seconds. Make their journey shorter and easier by using lead ads. Present users who click your ad with a contact
fromthat is already filled in with information from their Facebook profiles and relieve them of the need to enter it manually. This only takes two steps, facilitating the process and maximisingpotential leads.
The main thing to keep in mind about lead generation is that it is about connecting to your customers. Think about why people need your products or services and how to establish long-term relationships, not a one-night stand whose only purpose is getting their emails. Embracing the widest possible audience and blindly hoping a bunch of them convert is a dead-end. Spark people’s interest, bring them value and they will be happy to exchange it for their emails and phone numbers.