Web development is a process throughout which you should consider multiple factors, such as the visual appearance of your website, security, web APIs and other services.
- If you’re looking to speed up the creation of an advanced web solution, there are several web development frameworks that can significantly simplify the overall web development process.
We’ve prepared a small review of the most popular frameworks that will hold their positions in 2019. Stay up to date with web development technologies and follow modern tech trends with Magora.
Ruby on Rails
This framework is built on the famous programming language Ruby.
I can’t say that RoR is the best technology ever. However, the framework offers plenty of benefits – above all, I mean fast development with less written code and fewer errors. Among other advantages, I would highlight:
- Flexibility – The framework is suitable for all branches of business, be it project management or construction.
- Speed – I’ve already written about this elsewhere and will do so again here: Ruby on Rails reduces web application development time by around 30-40%.
- Ability to make changes to the code completely painlessly – This is why RoR is ideal for long-running projects. Whether you face drastic changes in requirements or a reshuffle of the development team, none of this will constitute a serious problem.
Ruby on Rails has a huge developer community where you can easily find support for your project and answers to your particular issue.
Laravel is one of the most popular PHP web development frameworks. With it, you can easily develop both web and mobile applications for small sites and large projects. Laravel has many valuable features, such as
The main advantages of this framework include:
- The possibility of increasing traffic to the site. This technology is applicable to any browser and device.
- Flexibility. The framework has a modular structure that helps simplify the website itself and the process of its development.
- PHP does not need special maintenance methods. This is due to the automatic loading of the object, which is contained within the software.
- The Laravel framework can create unique URLs because it implements different routes with the same name.
Official guidelines for Laravel are available here.
YII is an open source platform built into PHP5. Due to its user-friendly interface and clear design, this framework offers extremely straightforward and rapid web development. YII is
Key Features of YII
- The framework does not include classes and objects until they are needed. This speeds up the app-loading time.
- It uses OOP standards, which means reliability and safety.
- All professional resources are completely free.
All these features help create a high-performance framework that will allow you to develop cool websites. Those already built this way include Craftcms, HumHub, Tass
Its structure includes a number of useful features. Here are some of them:
- Using templates, you can display information from the model and controller.
- Angular supports MVC architecture. As a result, a developer can simply divide the app into MVC components. Everything else will be managed by the framework.
- All expressions are similar to code fragments enclosed in brackets. They don’t use loops or conditional expressions. On the contrary, they are used to format and display data.
All of these features form part of a platform that allows you to build a great website. Here are just some examples of sites developed using this framework: Netflix,
Yes, it’s not a framework, but in
The world of web development is divided roughly equally between Angular and React, so it’s up to you to decide which side you are on.
On React, you can write large projects and build web applications that allow you to change the information on the page without reloading.
- testing with unit tests;
- convenient documentation.
This framework is written on the Node.js platform and allows developers to create various real-time web apps. One of the coolest features of Meteor JS is an excellent basis for creating simple personal websites.
Another interesting feature is that you can use the same code when developing for iOS, web, Android or desktop. You can also use various popular frameworks and tools and focus on creating functions instead of writing disparate components.
And here is one more framework on the Node.js platform. You should definitely use it if you want to develop a web application and API as quickly as possible. Express.js covers a number of important functions with plugins. The framework can also be used to create mobile applications.
Essentially, Express.js consists of Angular and the MongoDB database. This means that to develop websites, you only need to have knowledge of HTML, CSS
Express.js is ideal for creating simple web services. If you need an MVP or you just want to get some web development practice, grab Express.js and enjoy the process.
Zend is an open source framework written in PHP. It focuses on the development of modern, reliable and secure web services.
Zend uses various PHP professional packages that make the development of top-notch websites much easier and faster. In addition, the framework uses the MVC architecture, which separates the database and business logic from the presentation level. This way we get clearer and cleaner code.
Zend is based on the concepts of object-oriented programming, such as interfaces and inheritance, which helps you extend various components of the framework. I would also note the routing, which does its job flawlessly, and the cache function. You’ll be surprised to learn they can be used indiscriminately.
The most popular framework for web development, written in Python and using the MVC architecture. Let me list the key features of this platform:
- Speed – The main goal of the framework is to help developers make apps as quickly as possible at all stages of production – from idea to release.
- Efficiency and cost-effectiveness – this is how the motto of Django can be formulated. The framework is ideal for developers facing deadlines.
- Security – You can even afford some security issues. As a rule, these are associated with SQL injections, fake cross-site requests
andcross-site scripting. Django effectively manages all user namesand passwords, and the user authentication system is known to play a crucial role.
- Scalable – Most business sites use Django to quickly meet traffic needs.
- Full stuffing – The framework includes various additional options to help with
site maps, content administration, user authentication, RSS feeds and more. Each of them provides substantial assistance in the web development process.
Frameworks have become web developers’ best friends and in 2019 will only prove more popular. Any professional web agency,
If you have any particular questions about web development or need a consultation about your project, or else just can’t cope with your web development project by yourself, our team is always at your service.