The world around us is transforming extremely fast. Unfortunately, exponential economic and industrial growth goes along with natural resource depletion. We are so busy constructing endless residential areas and huge factories the size of entire cities that we often forget about taking care of the environment we live in. In the meantime, every business can contribute to environmental sustainability through smart management of resources made possible by innovative eco-friendly IT solutions from environmentally conscious app developers.
Green Logistics: Reducing the Environmental Impact of Logistics and Transportation
- Real-time routing based on the analysis of current road traffic;
- A Comprehensive transport management scheme that
optimisesshipping and reduces fuel wastage;
- Improved operational efficiency through effective order and delivery management that helps to avoid excessive journeys to and from a shipping company's premises;
- Fleet reduction and fuel economy,
minimi s inggreenhouse gas emissions.
Is it possible to adopt all these eco-friendly measures just by using a single software program? If you take environmental issues seriously and are ready to act to save the planet, absolutely - and at
Take a look at one of our client case studies:
Energy Efficiency Through Advanced Lighting Management
According to statistics, lighting is the biggest consumer of electric energy in commercial buildings, accounting for an average of 40 percent of consumption. Offices often use inefficient and excessive lighting sources, which not only impacts the environment but also results in high energy costs.
The environmental impact of electricity is a major threat to the planet because of the huge amounts of electrical power we use in the modern world. Electricity consumption is growing fast and by the year
This means that integrating a smart lighting software system even within a single enterprise can save enough energy to power an entire city. If every company considered a responsible approach, it would mean that together we could protect the environment from ecological damage. To this end,
Fuel Economy Through Cargo Ship Maintenance
Did you know that it is entirely possible to save up to 1 ton of fuel a day for a single ship? Now imagine that your shipping company has a fleet of 150 ships sailing across the seas and oceans of the world. It’s not so much a matter of saving the ship owner money as it is a matter of environmental protection.
A recent study has found out that a single large container ship can emit cancer and asthma-causing pollutants equivalent to that of 50 million cars. Now, let’s do some simple maths. If each of the 150 ships emits harmful pollutants equal to 50 million cars, then the entire fleet of one small-sized shipping company causes as much damage to the environment as 7500 million cars, which is a lot more than an average number of vehicles of a large country.
The figures are shocking, but there must be a solution. An approved way to
- The software system connected to sensors installed on ships’ hulls predicts fuel consumption for each specific ship and for the fleet in general.
- It highlights critical peak levels and informs of wear,
incrustationand contamination that slow the ship down, resulting in fuel wastage.
- VPS has already saved hundreds of tons of fuel for a number of Danish fleet operators and is will contribute further to the wellbeing of our planet through expansion into other regions.